PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
GDRP (General Data Protection Regulations)
Comes into law on 25th May 2018
This page sets out our approach to your information and cookies.
We take your privacy very seriously indeed, it is important to us and we will do our absolute best to protect it for you.
With this new law coming into force you will need to optin if wish to receive any promotional material from us, (we will, of course, communicate with you in connection with any order which you have placed, including order confirmation e-mails). We will never sell your information.
This policy (together with our terms & conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.whiskycellar.scot (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We collect information to allow you to place orders with us and to improve your experience using our website. In particular, we diligently collect, track and interpret all data, including personal data, which help to reveal what users generally, and you specifically, like and don’t like about our website content.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, (where parcels will be delivered securely to someone over the age of 18 by Royal Mail or Parcel Force) e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, (payment detail will be held by Realex)
Information we collect about you.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- You can always find out what information we hold about you, and you can always opt-out, anytime, day or night (even on holidays), if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This policy together with our terms&conditions explains how we process personal data. Please read it carefully. By visiting www.whiskycellar.scot (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the GDPR. For the purposes of that Act, the data controller is Ellie Lamont, 2 River Street, Wick, Caithness KW1 5EA
- We will not e-mail you in the future for marketing purposes unless you have given us your consent. Any consent which you give to us for marketing purposes will apply to marketing communications issued only by www.whiskycellar.scot
- We always try to ensure that marketing communications are tailored and relevant to you, we will always give you the chance to unsubscribe from any marketing email.
- for staff training purposes;
- in order to investigate or prevent fraud;
- to allow us to investigate a website user’s complaint or comment; or to improve the layout, features and functionality of our website, content and advertising – these details tell us what users like and don’t like about our online presence.
- if you order goods through our site, to provide those goods and implement any contract concluded by you and us for that purpose;
- to ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or other access device;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- if you enter a competition, prize draw or similar contest, to administer the competition in accordance with the rules. If you win the competition we will publish your name and home town (but not your e-mail or full postal address) on the site; and
- to contact you about news, competitions, products or promotional offers we think you might be interested in. If you are happy for us to use your details in this way please tick the optin box If you'd rather we didn't do this, or if your details have changed, please contact us at the below address to let us know.
- Bin Ends, 2 River Street, Wick, Caithness, KW1 5EA or email email@example.com
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to enable us to provide you with access to specific areas of our site such as the Customer Area of our Trade Portal;
- to help us with our own internal research and analysis which lets us develop our products in the ways we think our customers will want;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, we may disclose your information to the prospective purchaser; or
- if we, Whisky Cellar & More, are acquired by a third party, then your information will be disclosed to the new owner; or
- if we enter into a joint venture or merge with another business entity then we may disclose your information to our new business partners; or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use www.whiskycellar.scot terms and conditions or to protect rights, property or safety of us, our customers, and users of our site.
Access to your information
- You are entitled to request access to the information held by us about you.
- You can make a formal “data subject access request” under the Data Protection Act 1998 to access the information we hold about you. However, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to find out what information we hold about you, so you can check what information we hold by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
- The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your data to our website is at your own risk.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain carefully chosen links to the sites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any liability for these sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. Sensitive information includes information relating to your health and religion. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information which we do hold will be accurate and up to date.
- If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please contact email@example.com
- Technical information can be collected using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening, if you wish. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
COOKIES – WHAT ARE THEY?
- Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
COOKIES – HOW WE USE THEM
- keep track of your shopping basket;
- allow you to login to your account;
- remember your preferences; and
- customise the website to be more relevant to you (like displaying prices in your country’s currency).
- Additionally, we use ‘analytics’ cookies to help us make our website better by telling us what users like and don’t like.
- You can disable cookies completely by changing your browser settings; however some areas of our website will not be accessible or may not function properly. You can also delete cookies relating to our website, but if you do so we will not remember things about you.
- Please send any questions and requests relating to our use of your information to Bin Ends, 2 River Street, Wick, Caithness, KW1 5EA or email firstname.lastname@example.org